The first blog of a new decade! Wow! Isn’t that amazing to think about!? I have Holly cuddled up on one side, Mistletoe cuddled up on the other, hubby is still sleeping in bed and I am sitting here with coffee in hand thanking God for His love and mercy over the last year.
2019 brought us ups, downs and God’s hand all around! So many lessons that if you have time to read, I would love for you to read and tell me what your biggest lesson of 2019 was!
– We moved back home from the Pacific Northwest to Texas. I learned from this move that transition is difficult and that we have to show ourselves grace.
– We lost three babies in 2019: two back to back miscarriages and an adoption that sadly ended in abortion (he was ours the very moment we were asked to adopt him and he instantly became an Addis baby). This particular loss has been a hard one to understand, but I have learned to surrender it to God and accept that we won’t always understand things of this world. I have also learned that these little lives need voices and people to speak up for them when it comes to abortion. All babies are a blessing and have a purpose, we must protect all of God’s children. A pregnancy is a life.
– I also learned that women who have abortions need grace, love and forgiveness. We don’t know why people make the decisions they make, but I DO know that God loves them and will meet her where she is. There will always be love and grace at the cross!
– Darin and I have experienced so much life together that it has bonded us in a way that is completely unexplainable. I have learned that God will gift us with immaculate love and peace when we surrender and focus on Him! Through the ashes and through the pain, He has truly done a good work in our union because we surrender to Him daily.
– I have learned that being a good wife and having a good marriage requires dying to self daily. When both parties surrender to Him and put the other first, amazing things happen in a marriage. I am thankful that Darin and I both get this. (Our marriage isn’t perfect – but man I am thankful for what we have and I am SO thankful for my man!!)
– I have learned that the definition of family is acceptance and loving one another and all the differences that come with another human being. Family should be the people we can just be ourselves with and know there will always be welcoming love.
– I have learned that how we treat family matters – honor should be given to family members, family are the ones who will be there when you need them the most.
– I have learned that laughter is beautiful – I want to do more of it in the next decade.
– I have learned that time is a delicacy and we must be wise with it.
– I have learned that friendship is sacred and should not be taken lightly nor should the word be tossed around. It takes a lot to be a good friend to somebody, the word in itself does not define it. The love, the patience, the concern, the empathy, the laughter, the growing together, the praying for one another and WITH one another, the sisterhood- those things define friendship. I am thankful to have learned this on a deeper level over the last year. I hope to always grow into being a better friend to others.
– I have learned that we must say what we mean and mean what we say. Let your yes be yes and your no be no – to stop being luke warm.
Most of all, I have learned that God is bigger than it ALL, and His love is good!
Happy New Year everybody! Let 2020 be the best year yet! 🙌🏼🎉